A cost segregation study is a strategic method of accelerating your building’s components depreciation. This acceleration reduces the amount of taxes owed on the property and increases your cash flow. Cost segregation shortens the standard depreciation rate of 27.5- or 39-year class lives to class lives as short as 5-, 7-, or 15-years.
Our engineering-based and tax-code approved method results in a significantly reduced taxable income for you. We’ve built successful partnerships with commercial property owners across Ohio, from Cleveland to Cincinnati, by helping them increase their cash flow through a cost segregation study. They’ve used their increased funds to reinvest in their business, purchase more property, pay down principal payment, and even pay down debt. Ultimately, it is your money to use how you choose.
Cost Segregation Studies Can be Applied to Many Properties
Cost segregation can be applied to many categories of buildings purchased or built after December 31,1986, including renovations, as they separate the components of the building for depreciation. Studies do not require you to amend your tax return either.
Common components include:
- Carpet, flooring, and decorative molding
- Built-in cabinets and countertops
- Window treatments and coverings
- Landscaping, irrigation, and fencing
- Paving and sidewalks
- And More
A CSSI® study will provide you and your tax professional with the calculations for various components and building systems. These calculations may be necessary to execute the “Repair Regulations” categories.
More on Repair Regulations
Cost Segregation Services for Your Ohio Business
CSSI® is an experienced and qualified cost segregation service provider. With expert knowledge and a time-tested process, we make it easy for commercial property owners in Ohio to enjoy the benefits of a cost segregation study. Call us today for a no-cost review, and we’ll show you your potential savings.
Talk to a CSSI® Representative
How to Get Started
- Fill out the form below to be contacted by a representative.
- Your representative will discuss your property with you to provide you a no-cost predictive analysis to illustrate your potential savings.
- CSSI® will begin your cost segregation study. Your study is typically completed in four to six weeks, after which we provide the cost segregation study to you and your tax professional.
- CSSI® will assist your tax professional in applying the results to your tax return.