Don’t Leave Money in the Trash
Are you aware of the 2014 Repair Regulations, also known as the Tangible Property Regulations (TPRs)?
Do you know how the Repair Regulations save you money?
The regulations provide guidelines for building owners to make the determination to expense or capitalize costs spent on your property from 2014 forward. CSSI is your valuation expert and handles:
- Complicated Compliance issues with significant economic benefits.
- Dispositions (Occur in renovations/remodels/improvements).
- Retirement of a building structural component results in an immediate write down.
- Break down of buildings into structural components and building systems.
- Detailed cost for each structural component and building systems component.
- Allows a client to make future expense/capitalization decisions based on each component of the building.
- A capitalization policy allows you to write off purchases up to $2500.
- A qualified small business taxpayer can now write off Improvement expenditures on the building up to $10,000 or 2% of the building basis on all buildings less than $1M.
Let CSSI work with you and your CPA to show you how we can be your valuation experts. Contact our home office today to speak with one of our team members.